3.05.2008

...and Living Forever!


So in August, my cousin brought us an orchid when Summer's mom passed away. She thought it was beautiful and we've kept it since. Other's commented on how lovely the plant was (Emily, Amanda, etc...). She kept very good care of it, and the plant seemed quite resilient. Watering it from time to time... even keeping it near the window to allow in some sunlight. Then last week, she went to check on the plant and move it back into the kitchen. Noticing the dust on the bottom leaves, she brushed them off and noticed... that shit is fake. Returning to the living room where I was playing xbox, I hear these words "OH MY GOD, DEREK... THE PLANT IS FAKE." Holy cow. Newsflash girlies, the orchid is made of plastic. And my wife loved it.

Soooo, birthdays, valentines, heck you name it... I'm gettin' the prettiest plastic I can find. Let's see if we can pull of another shenanigan and get all you ladies to believe its REAL. I will admit, I thought it was too, but I'm no flower expert, nor did I give it a close inspection. So I am gonna claim 'uninformed' on this one. Here's a pic of this amazingly convincing plant. Enjoy.


4 comments:

Danielle said...

hilarious. thanks for sharing that, i couldn't stop laughing.

Josh said...

Wow. I laughed really hard. Thanks for the awesome story. The best one I've heard in a while.

cyndy said...

I think that is the funniest thing I have heard all week!

em marie white said...

i for one can attest to how real that thing looks. now i know that orchids are really particular flowers. i know they need just the right amount of light and just the right amount of water. i know they don't last very long. but somehow i believed that this amazing plant has had a flower for months now. what a trick.